LEADERS - not followers

Thursday, April 2, 2015

NaPoWriMo 2015 - Day 2

NEXT

Older now
Older than before now
Much older than
Then
When
I was young
Was I young?
Younger?
Ever?
Not the way things look
Are looking
In the mirror
Or to others
Other people
In the street
The sight of grey hair
Wrinkles
Shocks and offends
Me
Causes them to
Laugh
Whisper
Point
Nudge
Each other
But what do they know
Do they even know they’re born?
Torn
Between the two
Life and death
I
Stare at my meds
My medication
In my
Wait for it…
Medicine cabinet
Never had one of them
Before
Or
The routine
Of taking drugs
Not for pleasure
But for pain
Again
There’s an element
Of dependence
Rather than the
Reliability
Of an old friend
Whose end
Came suddenly
But quietly
In his sleep
The way I’d like
To go
At least
I think so
I think so
Much
Too
Much
Maybe
See
You got me
Started
On the departed
I miss ‘em all
My family
Mum and dad
Especially
Ain’t it sad?
Potentially
It could be me
Next

1 comment:

  1. Wait till you get to my age, Stan. Sometimes I think you think too much.Love the train of thought in this composition though.

    ReplyDelete